The Colorado Columbines Women’s Running Club was formed in 1978 to promote recreational and competitive running for women of all ages and abilities. The club reflects the general population of women runners – from beginners to ultramarathoners, from turtles to rabbits. Whether you’re a sub-seven minute miler or prefer a more leisurely 12 minute/mile pace, we have members running at your speed. We have over 200 members who live anywhere from Evergreen to Broomfield to Aurora. The Columbines Club has two fundamental goals: to provide women runners with an opportunity to build a social network of runners and to support the running community.
We’d love to have you join the Colorado Columbines Women’s Running Club! Dues are $30 per year (January to December). Membership fees may be submitted online using the membership form here, or the form and a check can be mailed to Membership Coordinator Tina. To register for the Distance Divas training session, you must be a member of the Columbines for the current calendar year.
Among the Benefits of Membership:
- Monthly Fun Runs and Trail Runs – an opportunity to meet other runners and socialize after the workout
- Club Roster – a convenient way to locate running partners and learn about members
- Newsletter – our monthly online newsletter provides articles, member profiles, running tips, race results, and information on upcoming fun runs, races, and events of interest
- Eblast – a weekly communication containing up-to-the minute details for the upcoming week/month; full of wonderful pointers and ideas
- Message Board – a great way to connect with running buddies; post runs or find out details of other runs planned by members
- Discounts at area running stores
- Members are eligible for nomination for a variety of annually-awarded membership recogntion awards
- Track workouts – with a coach starting in March and continuing through September
- Volunteer Opportunities – support the local running community
- Distance Divas Training program offering weekly supported runs. $20 extra per session – 2 sessions each year